Pathology Case Reports: Beyond the Pearls is a case-based reference that covers the key material essential for USMLE and exam preparation. Focusing on the practical information you need to know, it teaches how to analyze a clinical vignette, sharpening your clinical decision-making skills and helping you formulate an evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios.
- Covers core, high-yield content in a practical, concise, easy-to-read manner.
- Features case scenarios, clinical pearls, tables, imaging, microscopic and gross illustrations, as well as Beyond the Pearls tips and secrets (all evidence-based with references) that provide deep coverage of core material.
- Teaches how to learn with a patient-focused, clinical approach, including a thorough discussion of the underlying pathology for every case.
- Includes questions throughout the case that put you in the physician's place and demonstrate the decision making that is needed both in the hospital and on exams.
- Cases have been carefully chosen and cover scenarios and questions frequently encountered on the USMLE, shelf exams, and clinical practice, integrating both basic science and clinical pearls.
- Written and edited by experienced teachers and clinicians; each case has been reviewed by board certified attending/practicing physicians.
- Case Reports: Beyond the Pearls titles are ideal for all medical students, especially those in case-based, problem-based, or integrated courses, and during clinical rotations.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Edited by Monisha Bhanote, MD, Breast Pathology Fellow, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital; and David G. Hicks, MD, Professor, Director, Surgical Pathology Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York