Unit 1: Introduction to Pharmacology
1.The Nursing Process and Patient-Centered Care
2.Drug Development and Ethical Considerations
3.Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
5.Complementary and Alternative Therapies
8.Drugs in Substance Use Disorder
Unit 2: Pharmacotherapy and Drug Administration
9.Safety and Quality
Unit 3: Maintenance of Homeostasis
12.Fluid Volume and Electrolytes
13.Vitamin and Mineral Replacement
Unit 4: Autonomic Nervous System Drugs
15.Adrenergic Agonists and Antagonists
16.Cholinergic Agonists and Antagonists
Unit 5: Central and Peripheral Nervous System Drugs
20.Drugs for Parkinsonism and Alzheimer’s Disease
21.Drugs for Neuromuscular Disorders and Muscle Spasms
Unit 6: Mental and Behavioral Health Drugs
22.Antipsychotics and Anxiolytics
23.Antidepressants and Mood Stabilizers
Unit 7: Pain and Inflammation Management Drugs
Unit 8: Antimicrobial Drugs
27.Antituberculars, Antifungals, and Antivirals
28.Antimalarials, Anthelmintics, and Peptides
Unit 9: Immunologic Drugs
29.HIV- and AIDS-Related Drugs
Unit 10: Antineoplastics and Biologic Response Modifiers
33.Targeted Therapies to Treat Cancer
34.Biologic Response Modifiers
Unit 11: Respiratory Drugs
35.Upper Respiratory Disorders
36.Lower Respiratory Disorders
Unit 12: Cardiovascular Drugs
37.Cardiac Glycosides, Antianginals, and Antidysrhythmics
40.Anticoagulants, Antiplatelets, and Thrombolytics
41.Antihyperlipidemics and Drugs to Improve Peripheral Blood Flow
Unit 13: Gastrointestinal Drugs
42.Gastrointestinal Tract Disorders
Unit 14: Eye, Ear, and Skin Drugs
44.Eye and Ear Disorders
Unit 15: Endocrine Drugs
46.Pituitary, Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Adrenal Disorders
Unit 16: Renal and Urologic Drugs
Unit 17: Reproductive and Gender-Related Drugs
49.Pregnancy and Preterm Labor
50.Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum
51.Neonatal and Newborn
53.Men’s Health and Reproductive Disorders
54.Sexually Transmitted Infections
Unit 18: Sexually Transmitted Infections
55.Adult and Pediatric Emergency Drugs
Get the pharmacology guidance proven to help aspiring nurses succeed on the NCLEX and later as a professional nurse. Using a streamlined prototype approach, an emphasis on nursing care, plus a wealth of other trademark features, Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 10th Edition makes it easy for you to really understand pharmacology. Prototype drug charts summarize the need-to-know information about key drugs, including dosage, side effects, interactions, and more. Images of current drug package labels reinforce your understanding of text content using relevant, true-to-life learning. Bulleted nursing process summaries relate nursing care to drug therapy in addition to highlighting patient teaching, patient safety, and relevant cultural content. Finally, the unique and thorough drug calculations section features math review as well as step-by-step instructions for drug calculations using the four general methods of dosage calculation. All in all this text has all the tools you need to better understand the complicated subject of pharmacology.
- UNIQUE! Prototype drug charts provide easy access to key information for representative drugs, including dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more.
- UNIQUE! Extensive chapter on drug calculations presents six methods of dosage calculation, providing a helpful review and supplement to a dosage calculations textbook.
- UNIQUE! Nursing process summaries highlight important nursing considerations within the framework of the nursing process.
- Consistent RN-standard chapter pedagogy includes: online learning resources on the companion Evolve website, objectives, and outline.
- Critical thinking case studies challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic patient scenarios. Answer guidelines are provided on the Evolve website.
- Application-level NCLEX study questions include at least one alternate-format question included per chapter.
- Chapter on safety and quality discusses medication errors, specific nursing measures to promote safety, National Patient Safety Goals, and many other safety issues and concerns.
- Prioritization coverage throughout the text helps you learn to prioritize nursing care and differentiate need-to-know from nice-to-know content.