Known for its concise easy-to-read writing style and comprehensive coverage Cecil Essentials of Medicine has been a favorite of students residents and instructors through nine outstanding editions. This revised 10th Edition continues the tradition of excellence with a focus on high-yield core knowledge of key importance to anyone entering or established in the field of internal medicine. Fully revised and updated by editors Edward J. Wing and Fred J. Schiffman along with other leading teachers and experts in the field Cecil Essentials remains clinically focused and solidly grounded in basic science.
- New focus on high-yield, core knowledge necessary for clerkships or residencies in medicine, with concise, complete coverage of the core principles of medicine and how they apply to patient care.
- Each section describes key physiology and biochemistry, followed by comprehensive accounts of the diseases of the organ system or field covered in the chapters.
- Full-color design enhances readability and retention of concepts, while numerous imaging videos cover cardiovascular disease, endoscopy, sphincterotomy, and more.
- Superb images and photographs vividly illustrate the appearance and clinical features of disease.
- New chapters cover Women’s Cancer and Transitions in Care from Children to Adults with Pulmonary Disease.
- Student Consult features include web-only extras, additional figures and tables, clinical photos, radiologic images, video procedures, imaging studies, and audio recordings.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Edited by Edward J. Wing, MD, FACP, FIDSA, Professor of Medicine; The Warren Alpert Medical School; Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island and Fred J. Schiffman, MD, MACP, Vice Chair of Medicine; Alpert Medical School of Brown University; Medical Director; Lifespan Cancer Institute; Brown University; Providence, Rhode Island