Make complex blood banking concepts easier to understand with Basic & Applied Concepts of Blood Banking and Transfusion Practices, 5th Edition. Combining the latest information in a highly digestible format, this approachable text helps you easily master all areas of blood banking by utilizing common theory, clinical scenarios, case studies, and critical-thinking exercises. With robust user resources and expanded content on disease testing and DNA, it's the effective learning resource you need to successfully work in the modern lab.
- Coverage of advanced topics such as transplantation and cellular therapy, the HLA system, molecular techniques and applications, automation, electronic cross-matching, and therapeutic apheresis make the text more relevant for 4-year MLS/CLS programs.
- Illustrated blood group boxes provide the ISBT symbol, number, and clinical significance of antibodies at a glance.
- Robust chapter pedagogy helps break down this difficult subject with learning objectives, outlines, key terms with definitions, chapter summaries, critical thinking exercises, study questions, and case studies.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Completely updated content prepares you to work in today's clinical lab environment.
- NEW! Additional information on disease testing covers diseases such as Zika and others of increased importance.
- NEW! Expanded content on DNA covers the latest developments in related testing.
- NEW! Enhanced user resources on the Evolve companion website now include expanded case studies, and new animations in addition to the existing review questions and lab manual.
By Paula R. Howard, MS, MPH, MT(ASCP)SBB, OneBlood, Inc., Lauderhill, Florida