Choose the book designed by coders for coders! Buck's 2020 ICD-10-PCS includes all the ICD-10-PCS codes you need to know to ensure the most accurate billing and reimbursement for in-patient medical procedure coding. As coders need extensive knowledge to code with ICD-10-PCS - and to choose from the thousands of possible codes - this edition provides colorful Netter's Anatomy illustrations and tables organized to simplify the process of choosing and building procedure codes. It comes with durable spiral binding and includes a companion website with the latest coding news and updates.
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) provide easier reference to coding rules when they are needed most.
- Convenient Guide to the Updates in the front of the book lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing at-a-glance lookup of the coding changes.
- Unique! Full-color Netter's Anatomy art is included in the front of the book to help you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect choosing codes.
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic® citations include official ICD-10-PCS coding advice relating to specific codes and their usage.
- Hospital Acquired Condition (HAC) symbol notes procedures related to HACs as outlined in the MS-DRG.
- Symbols for Non-covered and Limited-Coverage procedures indicate related material outlined in the Definitions of Medicare Code Edits.
- Sex edits from the Definition of Medicare Code Edits denote codes that are used only with patients of a specific sex.
- Non-Operating Room Procedure symbols identify procedures that do and do not affect MS-DRG assignment.
- Combinations symbol identifies procedures that can affect MS-DRG assignment.
- Online Appendix E: Procedure combination table, displays each procedure cluster and the corresponding DRG, as well as a few procedure combinations that are designated as non-OR.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Updated 2020 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10 codes needed for procedural coding.