Part 1: Influencing Factors in Public Health Nursing and Population Health
1. Public Health Foundations and Population Health
2. History of Public Health and Public and Community Health Nursing
3. Public Health, Primary Care, and Primary Health
4. Perspectives in Global Health Care
5. Economics of Health Care Delivery
Part 2: Forces Affecting Nurses in the Delivery of Public and Population Health Care Delivery
6. Environmental Health
7. Application of Ethics in the Community
8. Cultural Diversity in the Community
9. Public Health Policy
10. Evidence-Based Practice
Part 3: Conceptual and Scientific Frameworks Applied to Nursing Practice
11. Population-Based Public Health Nursing Practice: The Intervention Wheel
12. Genomics in Public Health Nursing
14. Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
15. Communicable and Infectious Disease Risks
Part 4: Community Level Interventions
16. Promoting Healthy Communities
17. Community as Client: Assessment and Analysis
18. Building a Culture of Health to Influence Health Equity within Communities
19. Health Education Principles Applied in Communities, Groups, Families and Individuals for Healthy Change
Part 5: Issues and Approaches in Population-Centered Nursing
20. The Nurse Managed Health Center: A Model for Public Health Nursing Practice
21. Public Health Nursing Practice and the Disaster Management Cycle
22. Public Health Surveillance and Outbreak Investigation
23. Program Management
24. Quality Management
25. Case Management
Part 6: Promoting the Health of Target Populations Across the Life Span
26. Working with Families in the Community for Healthy Outcomes
27. Family Health Risks
28. Child and Adolescent Health
29. Major Health Issues and Chronic Disease Management of Adults Across the Life Span
30. Disability Health Care Across the Lifespan
Part 7: Promoting and Protecting the Health of Vulnerable Populations
31. Vulnerability and Vulnerable Populations
32. Rural Health Issues
33. Poverty and Homelessness
34. Migrant Health Issues
35. Teen Pregnancy
36. Mental Health Issues
37. Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Problems
38. Violence and Human Abuse
Part 8: Nurses’ Roles and Functions in the Community
39. The Advanced Practice Nurse in the Community
40. The Nurse Leader in the Community
41. The Nurse in Public Health, Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care
42. The Nurse in the Schools
43. The Nurse in Occupational Health
44. Forensic Nursing in the Community
45. The Nurse in the Faith Community
46. Public Health Nursing at Local, State, and National Levels
Ensure you have a solid understanding of community and public health nursing with this industry standard text! Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 10th Edition provides up-to-date information on issues such as infectious diseases, natural and man-made disasters, and healthcare policies affecting individuals, families, and communities. This new edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect current data, issues, trends and practices presented in an easy-to-understand, accessible format. Additionally, real-life scenarios show examples of health promotion and public health interventions. Ideal for BSN and Advanced Practice Nursing programs, this comprehensive, bestselling text will provide you with a greater understanding of public health nursing!
- Focus on Quality and Safety Education for Nurses boxes give examples of how quality and safety goals, knowledge, competencies and skills, and attitudes can be applied to nursing practice in the community.
- Healthy People boxes highlight goals and objectives for promoting the nation’s health and wellness over the next decade.
- Linking Content to Practice boxes provide examples of the nurse’s role in caring for individuals, families, and populations in community health settings.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes illustrate the use and application of the latest research findings in public/community health nursing.
- UNIQUE! Separate chapters on healthy cities, the Intervention Wheel, and nursing centers describe different approaches to community health initiatives.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels.
- End-of-chapter Practice Application scenarios, Key Points, and Clinical Decision-Making activities promote application and in-depth understanding of chapter content.
- UPDATED Content and figures reflect current data, issues, trends, and practices.
- How To boxes provide you with practical application practice.