Written and edited by global leaders in the field Pediatric Liver Transplantation: A Clinical Guide covers all aspects of treatment and management regarding this multifaceted procedure and unique patient population. This practical reference offers detailed focused guidance in a highly templated easy-to-consult format covering everything from pre-transplantation preparation to surgical techniques to post-operative complications.
- Provides an in-depth understanding of all aspects of pediatric liver transplantation, ideal for pediatric hepatologists, pediatric transplant surgeons, and others on the pediatric transplant team.
- Covers all surgical techniques in detail, including split graft, living related, auxiliary, and domino.
- Discusses pediatric liver transplantation consideration for an increasing number of additional metabolic, hematologic and renal conditions; breakthroughs in grafting and stem cell therapy; and techniques and present role of hepatocyte transplantation.
- Uses a quick-reference templated format; each chapter includes an overview, pathophysiology, conventional management, controversies, and bulleted summary of key take-aways.
- Includes state-of-the-art mini-reviews based on updated references and author experience throughout the text.
- Features a full-color design with numerous algorithms, figures, and radiological and histopathological photos.
By Nedim Hadzic; Ulrich Baumann, Consultant Paediatric Hepatologist and Valérie MCLIN