Offering expert, comprehensive guidance on the basic science, diagnosis, and treatment of acute musculoskeletal injuries and post-traumatic reconstructive problems, Skeletal Trauma, 6th Edition, brings you fully up to date with current approaches in this challenging specialty. This revised edition is designed to meet the needs of orthopaedic surgeons, residents, fellows, and traumatologists, as well as emergency physicians who treat patients with musculoskeletal trauma. International thought leaders incorporate the latest peer-reviewed literature, technological advances, and practical advice with the goal of optimizing patient outcomes for the full range of traumatic musculoskeletal injuries.
- Offers complete coverage of relevant anatomy and biomechanics, mechanisms of injury, diagnostic approaches, treatment options, and associated complications.
- Includes eight new chapters dedicated to advances in technology and addressing key problems and procedures, such as Initial Evaluation of the Spine in Trauma Patients, Management of Perioperative Pain Associated with Trauma and Surgery, Chronic Pain Management (fully addressing the opioid epidemic), Understanding and Treating Chronic Osteomyelitis, and more.
- Features a complimentary one-year subscription to OrthoEvidence, a global online platform that provides high-quality, peer-reviewed and timely orthopaedic evidence-based summaries of the latest and most relevant literature. Contains unique, critical information on mass casualty incidents and war injuries, with contributions from active duty military surgeons and physicians in collaboration with civilian authors to address injuries caused by road traffic, armed conflict, civil wars, and insurgencies throughout the world.
- Features important call out boxes summarizing key points, pearls and pitfalls, and outcomes.
- Provides access to nearly 130 instructional videos that demonstrate principles of care and outline detailed surgical procedures.
- Contains a wealth of high-quality illustrations, full-color photographs, and diagnostic images.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Bruce D. Browner, MD, MHCM, FACS, Adjunct Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University School of Medicine; Overseas Coordinator, Tanzania Trauma System Project, Durham, North Carolina ; Jesse B. Jupiter, MD, Director, Orthopedic Hand Service, Massachusetts General Hospital; Hansjörg Wyss/AO Professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts; Christian Krettek, MD, FRACS, FRCSEd, Professor and Director, Hannover Medical School (MHH), Trauma Department, Hannover, Germany and Paul A Anderson, MD, Professor, Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin