1. Growth and Development
2. Orthopaedic History
3. The Orthopaedic Examination: A Comprehensive Overview
4. The Orthopaedic Examination: Clinical Application
5. Gait Analysis
6. The Limping Child
7. Back Pain
Section 2 Anatomic Disorders
8. Disorders of the Neck
11. Other Anatomic Disorders of the Spine
12. Disorder of the Upper Extremity
13. Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
14. Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
15. Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
16. Congenital Coxa Vara
17. Disorders of the Femur
18. Disorders of the Leg
19. Disorders of the Foot
20. Limb Length Discrepancy
Section 3 Common Orthopaedic Disorders
21. Limb Deficiencies
23. Infections of the Musculoskeletal System
Section 4 Musculoskeletal Tumors
24. General Principles of Tumor Management
25. Benign Musculoskeletal Tumors
26. Malignant Bone Tumors
Section 5 Injuries
27. General Principles of Managing Orthopaedic Injuries
28. Spinal Injuries
29. Upper Extremity Injuries
30. Lower Extremity Injuries
Section 6: Neuromuscular Disorders
31. Disorders of the Brain
32. Disorders of the Spinal Cord
34. Disorders of the Peripheral Nervous System
35. Muscle Diseases
Section 7: Other Orthopaedic Disorders
36. Skeletal Dysplasias
37. Orthopaedic Related Syndromes
38. Metabolic and Endocrine Bone Diseases
39. Hematologic Disorders
With complete coverage appropriate for residents through experienced pediatric orthopaedic surgeons Tachdjian's Pediatric Orthopaedics 6th Edition continues a 50-year tradition of excellence as the most comprehensive authoritative guide to diagnosing and treating pediatric musculoskeletal disorders. Editor John Herring MD and experts from the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children offer step-by-step instruction and detailed visual guidance on both surgical and non-surgical approaches. It’s everything the orthopaedic surgeon needs to know to accurately treat the full spectrum of pediatric orthopaedic conditions and injuries.
- Presents complete coverage of the latest knowledge on etiology, imaging, differential diagnosis, growth instrumentation, and non-operative and surgical techniques for a wide range of pediatric orthopaedic conditions.
- Provides expert guidance on difficult diagnostic and clinical management issues for your most challenging cases.
- Covers today’s most effective approaches for management of severe spinal deformities, early onset scoliosis, hip preservation methods, long-term follow-up of trauma conditions, and much more.
- Offers superb visual guidance with nearly 2,500 full-color illustrations and 70 videos (many are new!) of pediatric surgical procedures, including a number that highlight clinical examination and unusual clinical findings.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By John A. Herring, MD, Chief of Staff Emeritus, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children; Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas