1. Maturation of Motor Function in the Preterm Infant and Gastroesophageal Reflux
2. Development of Gastrointestinal Motility Reflexes
3. Lipid and Fatty Acid Delivery in the Preterm Infant: Challenges and Lessons Learned from other Critically Ill Populations
4. Human Milk Oligosaccharides
5. Donor Human Milk trials
7. Special Nutrition for the Surgical Neonate
8. Controversies in Short Bowel Syndrome
9. Intestinal Regeneration -Organoids/Stem Cells
10. New Lipid Strategies to Prevent/Treat Neonatal Cholestasis
11. Neonatal Gastrointestinal Tract as a Conduit to Systemic Inflammation
12. Early "Multi-omics" and Developmental Origins of Disease
13. Adult Consequences of Neonatal and Fetal Nutrition: Mechanisms
14. Controversies and Moving Field Forward
Dr. Richard Polin's Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the most challenging aspects of neonatal care, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today's practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient.
- Stay fully up to date in this fast-changing field with Hematology, Immunology and Genetics, 3rd Edition.
- The most current clinical information, including new coverage of exome sequencing, properties of donor milk, necrotizing enterocolitis and nutrition, thrombocytopenia in neonates with necrotizing enterocolitis, early diagnosis of severe combined immunodeficiency, and newborn screening.
- New content on the genetic basis for neonatal disorders, new strategies for genetic diagnosis (such as whole exome sequencing and microarrays), antenatal genetic testing, and ethical dilemmas and genetic counselling.
- Current coverage of using new complete blood count (CBC) parameters to help guide neonatal care, neonatal neuroprotection, and differentiating hemolytic from non-hemolytic neonatal jaundice.
- Consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily.
- The most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 7-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Hematology, Immunology and Genetics
Hemodynamics and Cardiology
Infectious Disease and Pharmacology New Volume!
Nephrology and Fluid/Electrolyte Physiology
The Newborn Lung
By Josef Neu, MD, Professor, Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, H. Hillis Miller Health Center, University of Florida College of Medicine Gainesville, FL