1.CEREBRAL CIRCULATION AND HYPOTENSION IN THE PREMATURE INFANT: DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
2.Intraventricular Hemorrhage and White Matter Injury in the Preterm Infant
3. Post hemorrhagic Hydrocephalus-Management Strategies
4. Hypothermia for Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy: Different Cooling Regimens and Infants Not Included in Prior Trials
5. Management of the Term Infant with Neonatal Encephalopathy following Intrapartum Hypoxia-Ischemia
6. Focal Cerebral Infarction
7. Diagnosis and Management of acute seizures in neon
8. Neonatal-onset epilepsies: early diagnosis and targeted treatment
9. Glucose and Perinatal Brain Injury-Questions and Controversies
10. Hyperbilirubinemia and the Risk for Brain Injury
11. Neonatal Meningitis: Current Treatment Options
12. Jean-Baptiste Le Pichon, MD, PhD, Sean M. Riordan, PhD and Steven M. Shapiro, MD, MSHA
13. Neonatal Hypotonia
14. Amplitude integrated EEG and its Potential Role in Augmenting Management within the NICU
The Use of aEEG in Neonatal Intensive Care
15. The impact of congenital heart diseases on brain development
16. Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Role in the Care of the Infant at Risk for Brain Injury
17. Long Term Follow-up of the Very Preterm Graduate
Dr. Richard Polin's Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the most challenging aspects of neonatal care, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today's practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient.
- Stay fully up to date in this fast-changing field with Hematology, Immunology and Genetics, 3rd Edition.
- The most current clinical information, including new coverage of exome sequencing, properties of donor milk, necrotizing enterocolitis and nutrition, thrombocytopenia in neonates with necrotizing enterocolitis, early diagnosis of severe combined immunodeficiency, and newborn screening.
- New content on the genetic basis for neonatal disorders, new strategies for genetic diagnosis (such as whole exome sequencing and microarrays), antenatal genetic testing, and ethical dilemmas and genetic counselling.
- Current coverage of using new complete blood count (CBC) parameters to help guide neonatal care, neonatal neuroprotection, and differentiating hemolytic from non-hemolytic neonatal jaundice.
- Consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily.
- The most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 7-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Hematology, Immunology and Genetics
Hemodynamics and Cardiology
Infectious Disease and Pharmacology New Volume!
Nephrology and Fluid/Electrolyte Physiology
The Newborn Lung
By Jeffrey M Perlman, MBChB, Chief, Division of Newborn Medicine, Professor of Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York