Who says preparing for the NCLEX® has to be boring? Using colorful illustrations and fun mnemonic cartoons, the Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 10th Edition brings the concepts found on the NCLEX-RN to life! This new edition is written in a concise outline format to make studying easier, and the Evolve companion website includes approximately 2,500 NCLEX exam-style review questions (including alternate item formats) - allowing you to create practice exams, identify personal strengths and weaknesses, and review answers and rationales. With new content covering culture and spirituality, this study guide gives you a robust, visual, less-intimidating way to remember key facts for the NCLEX exam.
- 2,500 review questions are now included on the Evolve companion website, adding more 200 questions to the total on the previous edition.
- UNIQUE! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts and disease processes.
- UNIQUE! The integrated systems approach incorporates pediatric, adult, and older adult lifespan considerations in each body system chapter.
- UNIQUE! Appendixes for each chapter summarize medications and nursing procedures for quick reference.
- Alternate item format questions on Evolve prepare you for the interactive question types on the NCLEX examination, including priority drag-and-drop and hot-spot (illustrated point-and-click) questions.
- Test Alert! boxes in the book highlight key concepts frequently found on the NCLEX examination.
- Answers and rationales for all review questions show why correct answers are right and incorrect options are wrong.
- Separate chapters on pharmacology and nursing management help students to focus on these areas of emphasis on the NCLEX examination.
- Nursing Priority boxes make it easier for students to distinguish priorities of nursing care.
- Pharmacology tables make key drug information easy to find, with high-alert medications noted by a special icon.
- Special icons distinguish pediatric and adult disorders, and identify content on Self-Care and Home Care.
New to this Edition
- NEW! UPDATED content reflects the most recent NCLEX-RN® test plan and incorporates important clinical updates.
- NEW! 25 additional illustrations and mnemonics make the book more appealing than ever to the visual learner.
- NEW! Chapter on Culture and Spiritual Awareness addresses the addition of Culture and Spirituality to the Integrated Processes in the NCLEX test plan.
- NEW! Nursing Management and Ethical/Legal concepts divided into two chapters emphasize the increasing amount of administrative duties nurses face and the importance of management of care on the NCLEX.
- NEW! Priority Concepts added to the beginning of each chapter assist you in concept-based nursing programs in focusing on priority concepts for each chapter.
By JoAnn Zerwekh, MSN, EdD, RN, President/CEO, Nursing Education Consultants, Chandler, AZ; Nursing Faculty - Online Campus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ