The number one book in pediatric OT is back! Focusing on children from infancy to adolescence, Case-Smith's Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents, 8th Edition provides comprehensive, full-color coverage of pediatric conditions and treatment techniques in all settings. Its emphasis on application of evidence-based practice includes: eight new chapters, a focus on clinical reasoning, updated references, research notes, and explanations of the evidentiary basis for specific interventions. Coverage of new research and theories, new techniques, and current trends, with additional case studies, keeps you in-step with the latest advances in the field. Developmental milestone tables serve as a quick reference throughout the book!
- Full-color, contemporary design throughout text includes high-quality photos and illustrations.
- Case-based video clips on the Evolve website demonstrate important concepts and rehabilitation techniques.
- Research Notes boxes and evidence-based summary tables help you learn to interpret evidence and strengthen clinical decision-making skills.
- Coverage of OT for children from infancy through adolescence includes the latest research, techniques and trends.
- Case studies help you apply concepts to actual situations you may encounter in practice.
Learning objectives indicate what you will be learning in each chapter and serve as checkpoints when studying for examinations.
- A glossary makes it easy for you to look up key terms.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Eight completely new chapters cover Theory and Practice Models for Occupational Therapy With Children, Development of Occupations and Skills From Infancy Through Adolescence, Therapeutic Use of Self, Observational Assessment and Activity Analysis, Evaluation Interpretation, and Goal Writing, Documenting Outcomes, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and Vision Impairment.
- NEW! A focus on theory and principles Practice Models promote clinical reasoning.
- NEW! Emphasis on application of theory and frames of reference in practice appear throughout chapters in book.
- NEW! Developmental milestone tables serve as quick reference guides.
- NEW! Online materials included to help facilitate your understanding of what's covered in the text.
- NEW! Textbook is organized into six sections to fully describe the occupational therapy process and follow OTPF.
By Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME and Heather Miller Kuhaneck, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA,, Heather Miller Kuhaneck, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA,Associate Professor,Sacred Heart University,Graduate Occupational Therapy Program,Fairfield, CT