Logically organized around the 36 most common presenting complaints - 80% of what you're likely to encounter in daily practice - Differential Diagnosis of Common Complaints, 7th Edition, uses a practical, clinically oriented approach to help you master the differential diagnosis of common symptoms. Using a clear, consistent format, it walks you through the problem-solving process that most physicians use to make a diagnosis. This book is the ideal reference for the beginning student and the busy clinician.
New to this Edition
- Stay up to date with evidence-based practice with increased evidence added to each chapter and thorough updating throughout, including the latest clinical and diagnostic studies.
- Clearly visualize key points in problem solving with new clinical algorithms and updated figures and images.
- Find information quickly thanks to an alphabetical organization by sign/symptom/disorder and a format that mimics the diagnostic decision-making process in clinical practice.
- Search the entire text online and find links to self-assessment questions, case studies, and relevant content from other Student Consult titles at www.studentconsult.com.
- Develop the clinical reasoning and critical thinking skills that are essential for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references and animations, designed to produce a more roundedlearning experience.
By Andrew B. Symons, MD, MS, Associate Professor and Vice Chair for Medical Student Education, Department of Family Medicine; Course Director, Clinical Practice of Medicine; Director, Family MedicineClerkship, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York. Buffalo, New York and Robert H. Seller, MD, Former Professor of Family Medicine, StateUniversity of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, New York
- Abdominal Pain in Adults
- Abdominal Pain in Children
- Belching, Bloating, and Flatulence
- Colds, Flu and StuffyNose
- Dizziness/Lightheadedness and Vertigo
- Facial Pain
- Heartburn and Indigestion
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Menstrual Pain
- Nausea and/or Vomiting Without Abdominal Pain
- Pain in theFoot
- Pain in theLowerExtremity in Adults
- Pain in theLowerExtremity and Limping in children
- Pain in theUpperExtremity
- Shortness of Breath
- Skin Problems
- Swelling of theLegs
- Urethraldischarge and Dysuria
- Vaginal Discharge and Itching
- VisionProblems and OtherCommonEyeProblems
- VoidingDisorders and Incontinence
- WeightGain and WeightLoss