Section I: Venous Anatomy/Physiology/Diagnostics
1. Venous Anatomy
2. Venous Hemodynamics
3. Venous Pathophysiology
4. Venous Diagnostic Tools
Section II: Superficial Venous Incompetence
5. Endovenous Thermal Ablation of Saphenous Reflux
6. Radiofrequency Thermal Ablation: Current Data
7. Laser Thermal Ablation: Current Data
8. Non-Thermal Ablation of Saphenous Reflux
9. Treatment of Perforating Veins
10. Treatment of Varicosed Tributary Veins
11. Endovenous Approach to Recurrent Varicose Veins
Section III: Thromboembolic Disease And Deep Venous Consequences
12. Thromboembolic Disease
13. Endovenous Placement of Inferior Vena Caval Filters
14. Pharmacomechanical Thrombolysis
15. New Concepts in the Management of Pulmonary Embolus
16. Endothermal Heat Induced Thrombosis
17. Postthrombotic Syndrome
18. Iliocaval and Femoral Venous Occlusive Disease
19. Deep Venous Incompetence and Valve Repair
Section IV: Special Venous Issues
20. Venous Ulcers
21. Pelvic Venous Disorders
22. Nutcracker Syndrome
23. Treatment of Spider Telangiectasias
24. Endovenous Management of Central and Upper Extremity Veins
25. Venous Malformations
26. Severity Scoring & Measuring Outcomes
27. Evidence-Based Summary of Guidelines from the Society for Vascular Surgery and the American Venous
Highly visual and packed with useful, practical information, Atlas of Endovascular Venous Surgery, 2nd Edition, provides real-world instruction on the evaluation, diagnostic imaging, and medical and endovascular surgical management of acute and chronic venous diseases. Dr. Jose Almeida, pioneering expert in the field and host of the annual International Vein Congress, along with other highly regarded practitioners, offers an authoritative understanding of what causes increased venous pressure and solutions for reducing venous hypertension. Detailed, full-color intraoperative illustrations capture key teaching moments, helping you better understand the nuances of surgery and improve your ability to perform cutting-edge procedures.
- Uses full-color line art to depict key anatomic features and anatomic approaches to venous surgeries, providing you with an overview of the relevant clinical anatomy for each procedure.
- Shows the correlation between radiologic appearance (ultrasound, CT, MRI) and anatomic and surgical views.
- Accompanies each surgical procedure with concise, descriptive text, giving you a step-by-step "walk through" of each technique. High-quality intraoperative videos demonstrate key stages of intraoperative technique.
- Ideal for all practitioners who treat patients with venous disorders, including vascular and general surgeons as well as interventional radiologists.
New to this Edition
- Reflects the many developments that have taken place in the treatment of the deep venous system, especially the use of new anticoagulants and techniques to treat the sequelae of acute and chronic venous thromboembolic disease.
- Includes five brand-new chapters covering venous hemodynamics; new concepts in the management of pulmonary embolus; endothermal heat induced thrombosis; deep venous incompetence and valve repair; and nutcracker syndrome.
- Features significant updates throughout, including new devices in the management of thromboembolic disease; aggressive techniques for recanalizing iliofemoral venous occlusions, new nomenclature and endovascular approach to the treatment of pelvic venous disorders, new non-thermal devices for saphenous vein ablation, new stents for treatment of iliac vein obstruction and new devices for clot management, and endovascular and open repair of deep vein obstruction and reflux.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Jose Almeida, MD, PA, Miami Vein Center, L.L.C., Miami, Florida