No dental office should be without this quick-reference drug guide! Mosby's Dental Drug Reference, 12th Edition profiles the most commonly used drugs in dentistry, with emphasis on dental-specific considerations. More than 800 drugmonographs make it easy to find information such as dosages, indications, contraindications, interactions, precautions, side effects, and serious reactions. Online resources include over 100 additional drug monographs, photos of common oral complications, patient education guides, and more. From lead editor Arthur Jeske, a well-known researcher and author in dental pharmacology, this pocket-sized reference provides the current, concise drug information you need at the point of care.
- More than 800 drug monographs include each drug’s generic name, pronunciation, brand names, drug class, controlled substances schedule, mechanism of action, uses or indications, doses and routes of administration, side effects/adverse reactions, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions of concern to dentistry, and more.
- Detailed dental considerations at the end of each monograph include an easy-to-use, bulleted list of specific dental-related information as well as general drug information.
- Durable, pocket-sized format provides essential drug information at a glance, and makes this guide ideal for chairside use.
- Emphasis on oral health, prevention, and treatment from the dental hygienist’s perspective makes it easier to use drug information for patient and family education.
- Coverage of oral contraceptives provides dental information on these commonly used drugs, often known only by their brand names.
- Primers in the front of the guide include information on biologic agents, medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw, and a list of online resources for the management of medically compromised patients along with management of common oral lesions.
- Evolve companion website includes more than 100 additional monographs, photos of common oral complications, patient education guides, information on herbs and alternative medicine, and more.
Table of Contents
Internet Resources for Management of Medically Compromised Patients and Management of Common Oral Lesions
Medication-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
Monoclonal Antibodies and Other Biologic Drugs
Individual Drug Monographs
About the Author
Professor, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials