Part I: Foundations for Psychiatric Nursing Care
1.The Nursing Process
Part II: Nursing Care
5.Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders
8.Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
Part III: Psychiatric Crises
15.Dying, Death, and Grief
18.Anger, Aggression, and Violence
Part IV: Psychopharmacology
26.Sleep Promoting Medications
27.Substance Use Disorder Medications
Part V: Nonpharmacological Approaches
30.Brain Stimulation Therapies
Appendix A Mental Status Assessment
Appendix B Assessment Tools
Appendix C Development Stages
AppendixD DSM-5 Medical Diagnoses
A thoughtful, portable clinical companion, Varcarolis' Manual of Psychiatric Nursing Care Planning: Assessment Guides, Diagnoses, Psychopharmacology, 6th Edition, provides you with the latest diagnostic information available, including the DSM-5 and NANDA, for accurate assessment and diagnosis of patients. This clinically-based guide offers quick and easy access to the latest psychiatric nursing care planning guidelines for a range of settings including the inpatient unit, home care, or community mental health setting. Designed to accompany Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, the refreshed and updated edition is a perfect reference for learning to create psychiatric nursing care plans.
- A thoroughly revised patient centered assessment, including the DSM-5, supplies you with the latest diagnostic information available for accurate assessment and diagnosis of patients.
- The latest patient problems, assessment and treatment strategies, and psychotropic drug information keep you up-to-date with the most current information.
- Care plans containing patient problems, etiology, assessment findings/diagnostic cues, outcome criteria, and interventions and rationales provide guidance for supporting patients with a wide range of psychiatric alterations.
- Talk-based therapies covered and referred to in a dedicated chapter on psychotherapeutic models.
- Promising brain stimulation therapies are addressed in a separate chapter
New to this Edition
- NEW! A separate sleep disorder chapter addresses alterations present in all psychiatric disorders.
- NEW! Updated medications equip you with the latest information on medications used with psychiatric patients.
- NEW! Updated, refreshed, and refined Manual improves overall design and reduces extraneous content to focus on essential clinical information.
By Margaret Jordan Halter, PhD, APRN, Cleveland Clinic Akron General, The Ohio State University College of Nursing