Well-organized and vibrantly illustrated throughout, Handbook of Liver Disease is a comprehensive yet concise handbook providing authoritative guidance on key clinical issues in liver disease. The quick-reference outline format ensures that you'll find answers when you need them, and cover-to-cover updates keep you abreast of the recent rapid changes in the field. Written by leading international experts in hepatology, this reference is ideal for gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, family practitioners, trainees, and others who diagnose and manage patients with liver disorders.
New to this Edition
- Features expanded hepatitis chapters, including completely updated coverage of new, safe, and effective oral regimens for the treatment of hepatitis C.
- Provides completely updated coverage of: alcoholic liver disease * autoimmune hepatitis * portal hypertension * primary biliary cholangitis * hepatic tumors * cirrhosis * nonalcoholic liver disease * livertransplantation * and more.
- Includes the latest information on adolescents with liver disease moving into adult care.
- Covers the revised criteria for prioritizing liver transplantation using the MELDNa score, new options for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, and improved management of hepatorenal syndrome.
- Uses a highly templated outline format, key points in each chapter, alert symbols, and highlighted review points to provide a "just the facts" approach to daily clinical questions on liver disease.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents
- Assessment of LiverFunction and DiagnosticStudies
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis E
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis D
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis Caused by Other Viruses
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- FattyLiver and NonalcoholicSteatohepatitis
- Drug-Induced and ToxicLiverDisease
- Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension
- Portal Hypertension and Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Ascites and SpontaneousBacterial Peritonitis
- Wilson Disease and Related Disorders
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency and Other Metabolic Liver Diseases
- Budd-ChiariSyndrome and Other Vascular Disorders
- TheLiver in HeartFailure
- TheLiver in Pregnancy
- TheLiver in SystemicDisease
- LiverDisease in theElderly
- HepatobiliaryComplications of HIV
- HepaticAbscesses and Cysts
- Surgery in thePatientwithLiverDisease and PostoperativeJaundice
- Cholelithiasis and Cholecystitis
- Diseases of theBileDucts
- Tumors of theBiliaryTract
By Lawrence S. Friedman, MD, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts; The Anton R. Fried, MD, Chair, Department of Medicine, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts; Assistant Chief of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts and Paul Martin, MD, Professor of Medicine, Chief, Division ofHepatology, University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida