User-friendly and concise, the new edition of this popular reference is your #1 guide for the appropriate use of immunohistochemical stains. Dr. David J. Dabbs and leading experts in the field use a consistent, organ system approach to cover all aspects of the field, with an emphasis on the role of genomics in diagnosis and theranostic applications that will better inform treatment options. Each well-written and well-researched chapter is enhanced with diagnostic algorithms, charts, tables, and superb, full-color histologic images, making this text a practical daily resource for all surgical pathologists.
New to this edition
- Contains new material on non-lymphoid malignancies, Hodgkin/non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and an expanded chapter on digital imaging and quantitative immunohistochemistry.
- Provides new grading schemes for several organs, along with new antibodies to cover more genomic immunohistochemistry applications.
- Offers more emphasis in the breast section of "eyes on" tissue for molecular/IHC prognostics compared to the current trend of gene-expression profiling of breast cancer.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of contents
1. Techniques of Immunohistochemistry: Principles, Pitfalls, and Standardization
2. Molecular Anatomic Pathology: Principles, Techniques, and Application to Immunohistologic Diagnosis
3. Immunohistology of Infectious Diseases
4. Immunohistology of Neoplasms of Soft Tissue and Bone
5. Immunohistology of Bone Marrow, Spleen and Histiocytic Disorders
6. Immunohistology of Lymph Node and Lymph Node Neoplasms
7. Immunohistology of Melanocytic Neoplasms
8. Immunohistology of Metastatic Carcinoma of Unknown Primary Site
9. Immunohistology of Head and Neck Lesions
10. Immunohistology of Endocrine Tumors
11. Immunohistology of the Mediastinum
12. Immunohistology of Lung and Pleural Neoplasms
13. Immunohistology of Skin Tumors
14. Immunohistology of the Gastrointestinal Tract
15. Immunohistology of Pancreas and Hepatobiliary Tract
16. Immunohistology of the Prostate
17. Immunohistology of the Bladder, Kidney, and Testis
18. Immunohistology of the Female Genital Tract
19. Immunohistology of the Breast
20. Immunohistology of the Nervous System
22. Immunohistology of Pediatric Neoplasms
23. Imaging and Quantitative Immunohistochemistry