Clinically focused and designed to provide a to-the-point overview, Glioblastoma , by Drs. Steven Brem and Kalil G. Abdullah, brings you up to date with increased understanding, new treatment protocols, and recent advances in the field. Written by contributing specialists who are global experts in their respective areas, this one-stop reference providesneurosurgeons, medical-and-radiation oncologists, neuro-oncologists, neuropathologists, internal medicine physicians, and researchers with a dependable source of information oncurrent treatment options, tumor recurrence, and patient care.
- Evidence for current treatment options for de novo and recurrent glioblastoma, indications for local and topical therapies, immunotherapy, gene therapy, nanotherapy, small-molecule inhibition, electric tumor treating field stimulation, and antiangiogenic therapies and the role of Avastin.
- Recent advances relating to tumor resection, such as stereotactic laser ablation, diffusion tensor imaging, and fluorescent markers.
- Prognostic molecular and genetic markers and the impact of gene mutations on survival, as well as controversies relating to pseudo-progression.
- Lessons learned from unsuccessful interventions, as well as the most promising aspects of future glioblastoma research and treatment.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Part I: Disease Origins and Context
1. The Story of Glioblastoma: History and Modern Correlates
2. Epidemiology of Glioblastoma and Trends in Glioblastoma Survivorship
3. The Molecular Pathogenesis of Glioblastoma
4. Diagnostic, Prognostic, and Predictive Biomarkers for Adult and Pediatric Gliomas in Clinical Practice
5. Multimodality Targeting of Glioma Cells
Part II: Standards of Medical and Surgical Treatment
6. Current Standards of Care in Glioblastoma Therapy
7. Radiographic Detection and Advanced Imaging of Glioblastoma
8. Principles and Tenets of Radiation Treatment in
9. Chemotherapeutics and Their Efficacy
10. Anti-angiogenic Therapy for Glioblastoma
11. Recurrent Glioblastoma
12. Principles of Surgical Treatment
13. Awake Craniotomy for Glioblastoma
14. Intraoperative Imaging of Glioblastoma
15. Minimally Invasive Targeted Therapy for Glioblastoma Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy (LITT)
16. Local and Topical Treatment of Glioblastoma
17. Tumor Treating Electric Fields for Glioblastoma
Part III: Scientific Advances, Future Directions, and Socioeconomic Considerations
18. Brain Plasticity and Reorganization Before, During, and After Glioma Reseaction
19. Genetically modified T-cell therapy for glioblastoma
20. Early Detection of Glioblastoma
21. Health-Related Quality of Life and Neurocognitive Functioning after Glioblastoma Treatment
22. Socioeconomics and Survival
23. National and Global Economic Implications of Glioblastoma
24. Lessons Learned: Clinical Trials and Other Interventions for Glioblastoma