As part of the successful THE REQUISITES series, the second edition of Thoracic Radiology: The Requisites, by Theresa McLoud, MD and Phillip Boiselle, MD, presents the most essential information you need to know about chest radiology, including some of the more recent techniques in chest imaging such as CTA and PET imaging. Its concise and up-to-date coverage prepares you for examinations and clinical practice. Abundantly illustrated with over 800 images and covering all functional units of chest organs, this book discusses diagnostic imaging of the most frequently seen problems and the interventional techniques performed in thoracic radiology.
- Summarizes key information with numerous outlines, tables, ''pearls,'' and boxed material for easy reference.
- Focuses on essentials to pass the certifying board exam and ensure accurate diagnoses in clinical practice.
New to this Edition
- Approximately 90% of the more than 1,000 images are new, reflecting the very latest thoracic imaging modalities and techniques. Many diagrams and images are also now in full color.
- New material on acute and critical care including post-operative complications, trauma, ICU diagnosis, and implantable devices.
- More interventional content including diagnostic biopsy techniques, fiducial placement to aid VATs resection, and ablative therapies including microwave and cryoablation.
- Expanded and updated lung cancer coverage including new tumor staging, new surgical and bronchoscopic staging techniques, and lung cancer screening.
- New information on thoracic MRI indications, protocols, and case material outlining how MRI adds specificity to tissue characterization of masses and extent of disease.
- Expanded content on interstitial lung disease including color anatomic drawings and extensive new case material.
- Current pulmonary nodule management strategies including the updated 2017 Fleischner criteria for incidental nodules.
- New editor, authors, and section editors bring a fresh perspective to this completely revised book.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of electronic devices.
By Jo-Anne O Shepard, MD, Director, Thoracic Imaging and Intervention Division, Director, Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship, Professor of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts