Pediatric Imaging: Case Review is a quick review of common or rare but classic pediatric cases that tests your knowledge of pediatric imaging. Featuring updated pediatric body and pediatric neuro-imaging cases from fetus to young adolescents, this case review bookincludes over 300 images and 600 all-new multiple-choice questions, providing residents and radiologists with a current review of key pediatric imaging information.
- Images and descriptions address most common/classic, as well as several rare but critical entities of pediatric radiology in a single source.
- Distinguish between common and rare diagnoses with case studies organized into ''Opening Round,'' ''Fair Game,'' and ''Challenge'' sections that present varying levels of difficulty and occurrences.
- Features completely updated cases throughout -- including new cases on congenital heart disease -- and over 300 new images.
- Expanded cases include advanced and state-of-the art imaging modalities (i.e.fetal MRI and CTA/MRA of the heart).
- Provides expanded coverage of radiation dose reduction, in addition to new patient management, physics, quality and safety, and non-interpretive skills content.
- 600 all-new multiple-choice questions are designed to mimic the format of core board and certification exams.
- Incorporates up-to-date disease classification systems (e.g. ISSVA 2014 of vascular anomalies).
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Completely revised edition of the popular Case Review series with all new cases and superb quality accompanying images, organized anatomically for quick reference and board review.
"Pediatric radiologists Thierry, Benson, Spevak, Flax-Goldenberg, and Tekes (all Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland) present a collection of 200 new cases covering all fields of pediatric radiology, including pediatric neuroradiology and fetal MRI. The text incorporates up-to-date developments in pediatric imaging, including the latest technology in imaging and post- processing such as three-dimensional constructions and tractography of fibers within the brain. Presented in a question-and-answer format and illustrated with 400 high-quality radiographic images, thetext allows readers to explore, deepen, and further develop their knowledge about the field. Each case includes easy cross-referencing to the companion text, The Prerequisites/>. The cases coincide with the daily routine practice and will stimulate readers to further diagnostic investigationusing textbooks, journals, and the Internet. They provide an effective preparation tool for those studying for certification, recertification, and practice in pediatric radiology."