Part of the in-depth and practical Pattern Recognition series, Practical Pulmonary Pathology, 3rd Edition, helps you accurately identify and interpret neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs by using a pattern-based approach. Leading diagnosticians in pulmonary pathology guide you from a histological pattern, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Superb, full-color illustrations capture key pathological patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions, and a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance.
A user-friendly design color-codes patterns to specific entities, and key points are summarized in tables, charts, and graphs so you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for.
New to this Edition
- Sweeping content updates keep you at the forefront of recent findings regarding pulmonary hypertension, pediatric lung disease, and all major neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lung.
- An online virtual microscope provides access to more than 150 digital slides.
- A new chapter on Pulmonary Function Testing for Pathologists brings you up to date with relevant aspects of these key tests.
- Improved pattern call-outs are now linked directly within the chapter, reinforcing the patterns for more efficient and complete understanding.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Kevin O. Leslie, MD, Consultant and Professor of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdfale, AZ and Mark R. Wick, MD, Professor of Pathology, Division of Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA Professor & Associate Director of Surgical Pathology Director of Diagnostic Immunohistology