Unique in the field, Surgical Implantation of Cardiac Rhythm Devicesprovides complete, easy-to-follow guidance for safe, effective surgical implantation of pacemakers, ICDs, and otherdevices.Beginning with surgical anatomy and surgical principles, expert authors provide thorough coverage of surgical technique and procedures - everything from sutures to special circumstances and complications. Detailed, high-quality illustrations show you exactly how to proceed, and each procedure includes an accompanying video clip online.
- Outlines relevant anatomic structures and landmarks, as well as various types of sutures and instruments.
- Provides authoritative, detailed guidance on transvenous lead placement, including novel or alternative placements, as well as implantation of subcutaneous ICDs.
- Coverstools and techniques, anesthesia, radiation safety, pitfalls and complications, tips and pearls, patientpreparation, postoperativepatientmanagement, and follow-up care.
- Offersexpertcoverage of pediatric considerations and other special circumstances.
- Allowsyou to view surgical procedures and relevant anatomy in video clips online, as well as through extensive, high-quality illustrations in the text.
- Ideal for EP fellows, practicingelectrophysiologists, and cardiologistswhoperformsurgicalprocedures to implantpacemakers, ICDs, and otherdevices.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase.This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.