Nelson Pediatric Symptom-Based Diagnosis, by Drs. Robert M. Kliegman, Patricia S. Lye, Brett Bordini, Heather Toth, and Donald Basel, uses a unique, step-by-step, symptom-basedapproach to differential diagnosis of diseases and disorders in children and adolescents. Conveniently linked to the world’s best-selling pediatric reference, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 20th Edition, it focuses on the symptoms you’re likely to see in general practice, as well as uncommon disorders. You’ll find clear guidance on exactly what to consider and how to proceed when facedwith a host of common symptoms such as cough, fever, headache, chest pain, gait disturbances, and many more.
- Features a practical, symptom-based approachthat enables you to form an accurate diagnosis.
- Uses thesameconsistent, step-by-step presentation in every chapter: History, Physical Examination, Diagnosis (including laboratory tests), Imaging, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Covers new approaches to diagnosticimaging and genetictesting, new diagnosticguidelines, BRUE (brief resolved unexplainedevent), stroke in children, behaviordisorders, syncope, recurrentfeversyndromes, and much more.
- Includesfull-color illustrations, algorithms, tables, and "red flags" to aid differential diagnosis.
- Serves as anideal companion to Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 20th Edition. Content in this book is referenced and linked electronically to the larger text, providing easyaccess to full background and evidence-based treatment and management content when you own both references.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase.This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.