Since its revolutionary first edition in 1983, Rosen's Emergency Medicine set the standard for reliable, accessible, and comprehensive information to guide the clinical practice of emergency medicine. Generations of emergency medicine residents and practitioners have relied on Rosen's as the source for current information across the spectrum of emergency medicine practice.. The 9th Edition continues this tradition of excellence, offering the unparalleled clarity and authority you've come to expect from the award-winning leader in the field. Throughout the text, content is now more concise, clinically relevant, and accessible than ever before - meeting the needs of today's increasingly busy emergency medicine practitioner.
- Delivers clear, precise information, focused writing and references; relevant, concise information; and generous use of illustrations provide definitive guidance for every emergency situation.
- Offers the most immediately relevant content of any emergency medicine reference, providing diagnostic and treatment recommendations with clear indications and preferred actions.
- Presents the expertise and knowledge of a new generation of editors, who bring fresh insights and new perspectives to the table.
- Online content includes 1,200 questions and answers, as well as select video clips showing how to best perform key procedures.
New to this Edition
- Includes more than 550 new figures, including new anatomy drawings, new graphs and algorithms, and new photos.
- Provides diligently updated content throughout, based on only the most recent and relevant medical literature.
- Provides improved organization in sections to enhance navigation and six new chapters: Airway Management for the Pediatric Patient; Procedural Sedation and Analgesia for the Pediatric Patient; Drug Therapy for the Pediatric Patient; Co-Morbid Medical Emergencies During Pregnancy; Drug Therapy in the Geriatric Patient; and Global and Humanitarian Emergency Medicine.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Ron Walls, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts; Robert Hockberger, MD, Professor of Clinical Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California; Chair Emeritus, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California and Marianne Gausche-Hill, MD, FACEP, FAAP, Marianne Gausche-Hill, Inc., A Medical Corporation