Part of the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Dermatopathology is a comprehensive resource that compiles all of today’s most essential dermatopathology information into a compact, high-yield format. This medical reference book’s well-organized approach and full-color illustrations result in a user-friendly reference that helps the reader access the latest information on molecular diagnostic tests, ancillary tools, and dermatologic disorders. It's perfect for exam prep and clinical application!
- Explore a range of neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the skin.
- Access well-rounded, comprehensive coverage and detailed discussions of metabolic, systemic, allergic, infectious, and inflammatory skin diseases and cutaneous neoplasms.
- Take advantage of enhanced diagnostic guidance with content that offers over 1,100 full-color, high-quality photographs that demonstrate the key features of pathologic lesions.
- Connect with a reader-centric format that employs a consistent, user-friendly organization throughout to present each pathologic entity's gross and microscopic features, prognostic and therapeutic considerations, ancillary studies, and differential diagnoses.
- Reference important information at a glance with an abundance of boxes and tables.
- Remain up to date with the latest diagnostically relevant molecular tests, such as cytogenetic tests and mutation analysis of melanocyctic tumors.
- Prepare for exams with additional entities relevant to examination and clinical settings.
- Stay abreast of the latest advances with brand-new chapters covering Ancillary Diagnostic Tools (such as special stains, immunofluorescence studies, immunohistochemistry, and molecular tests), Disorders of the Nail Apparatus, Genetic Disorders, and Drug Reactions.
- Easily comprehend complex topics with help from additional figures and a vastly improved image collection.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
The Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series answers the call for fresh, affordable, and easy-to-use guidance. Each region-specific volume provides all of the most essential information on the pathologic entities encountered in practice. Series Editor: John R. Goldblum, MD, FACP, FASCP, FACG
With 13 additional contributing experts.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Histology of the Skin
Section 2: Non-Neoplastic Disorders
- Chapter 1: Inflammatory Disease of the Dermis and Epidermis
- Chapter 2: Panniculitis
- Chapter 3: Infectious Diseases of the Skin
- Chapter 4: Cutaneous Vasculitis
- Chapter 5: Blistering Skin Diseases
- Chapter 6: Deposition Disorders and Miscellaneous Alterations of Dermal Connective Tissue
- Chapter 7: Non-neoplastic Disorders of Pigmentation
- Chapter 8: Non-Neoplastic Disorders of Hair
- Chapter 9: Cysts and Sinuses
Section 3: Tumors and Psuedotumors of the Skin and Subcutis
- Chapter 10: Tumors of the Epidermis
- Chapter 11: Adnexal Tumors
- Chapter 12: Melanocytic Proliferations
- Chapter 13: Soft Tissue Tumors and Tumor-like Reactions
- Chapter 14: Hematopoietic Neoplasms
- Chapter 15: Histiocytic Proliferations
- Chapter 16: Cutaneous Neuroendocrine (Merkel Cell) Carcinoma
- Chapter 17: Cutaneous Metastases
Section 4: Pathology of Special Sites
- Chapter 18: Neoplastic and Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Nail Apparatus
- Chapter 19: Neoplastic and Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Conjunctiva
Section 5: Frozen Sections and Pathologic Evaluations of Sections from Mohns Surgery