Presenting ultrasound pathology from a clinical perspective, this unique resource discusses various pathologies that may be related to a patient's symptoms and features illustrations with ultrasound scans that demonstrate each pathology. Organized into four major sections — abdomen, obstetrics, gynecology, and superficial structures — each symptom is presented in its own chapter along with key terms, an introductory paragraph, a clinical scenario, discussions of pathologies, illustrations, and patient scenarios. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
- Symptom-based presentation makes it easy for beginning and experienced sonographers to quickly find information related to the patient’s symptom.
- Summary tables of differential diagnoses and sonographic findings provide you with a brief overview of all chapter material for quick reference.
- Clinical scenarios at the beginning of each chapter help you learn to apply information to the clinical setting.
- Case studies and discussion questions give you the opportunity to enhance your critical-thinking skills and measure your comprehension of material.
- Over 900 ultrasound images correlated to the pathology illustrate what you’ll encounter in the clinical setting.
- Glossary helps you define important terminology.
New To This Edition:
- New chapters provide you with more complete coverage of the pathology sonographers encounter in practice.
- New case studies with critical-thinking questions set up realistic situations for you to use as a frame of reference.
- 600 updated images produced by the latest technology keep you on the cutting-edge of sonography.
- Instructor access to multiple-choice and image based test questions
Table Of Contents:
1. RUQ Pain
2. Liver Mass
3. Elevated Liver Function Tests/Diffuse Liver Disease
4. Epigastric Pain
6. Rule Out Renal Obstruction/Renal Failure
7. Cystic vs Solid Mass
8. Left Upper Quadrant Mass/Rule Out Splenomegaly
9. Pediatric Mass
10. Question Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
11. NEW! Acute RLQ Pain/Rule Out Appendicitis
12. Neonatal Vomiting/Rule Out Pyloric Stenosis
13. Retroperitoneal Mass
14. Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
15. Localize Intrauterine Device
18. Ovarian Mass
19. Uncertain Last Menstrual Period/Pregnancy Dating
20. Size Greater Than Dates
21. Size Less Than Dates
22. Bleeding with Pregnancy
23. Multiple Gestation
24. Elevated AFP
25. Genetic Testing
26. Fetal Anomaly
27. Abnormal Fetal Echo
28. Breast Mass
29. Scrotal Mass/Scrotal Pain
30. Neck Mass
31. Elevated PSA
32. Hip Dysplasia
33. Premature Birth: Rule Out Germinal Matrix Hemorrhage
34. NEW! Neonatal Spinal Dimple: Rule Out Tethered Cord
35. Carotid Artery Disease
36. Leg Pain/Rule Out DVT
37. New! Claudication/Peripheral Arterial Disease
By Charlotte Henningsen, MS, RT, RDMS, RVT, Chair and Professor, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Department, Orlando, FL; Kathryn Kuntz, MEd, RT(R), RDMS, RVT, FSDMS, Assistant Professor, Radiology Electronic Curriculum Coordinator Sonography Program Mayo Clinic Adjunct Faculty Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences Orlando, FL President SEAC, Inc Sonography Education & Accreditation Consulting, Inc and Diane J. Youngs, MEd, RDMS, RVT, Program Director Mayo School of Health Sciences Sonography Program Assistant Professor of Radiology College of Medicine Rochester, Minnesota