Strengthen your understanding of key content in all areas of prehospital care with over 1,900 engaging activities! Now updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines, the exercises help you look beyond and explore the physiology and pathophysiology behind why procedures are performed. Complete coverage of objectives of the U.S. DOT National Standard Curriculum for the EMT-Basic and the National Education Standards give you the knowledge and critical-thinking skills you need for success in exams and in the field.
A variety of review questions, case studies with critical-thinking activities, crossword puzzles, labeling exercises, and a CPR refresher prepare you for exams and practice in the field.
New to this edition
- Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
- Skill sequencing exercises help you review the order of EMT skills.
- Updated patient assessment exercises include additional critical-thinking questions and help you apply concepts to real life practice.
- Content on abuse and assault prepares you to treat victims of domestic violence with empathy and respect and alerts you to potential dangers.
- Introduction to Emergency Medical Care
- Well-Being of the EMT
- Medicolegal and Ethical Issues
- The Human Body
- Lifting and Moving Patients
- The Airway
- Patient Assessment
- General Pharmacology
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Altered Mental Status
- Poisoning and Overdoses
- Environmental Emergencies
- Behavioral Emergencies
- Abuse and Assault
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Bleeding and Shock
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Chest and Abdominal Emergencies
- Musculoskeletal Care
- Injuries to the Head and Spine
- Infants and Children
- Ambulance Operations
- Gaining Access
- Disasters and Hazardous Materials
- Advanced Airway Management
- Weapons of Mass Destruction and the EMT
- Geriatric Emergencies