By Dennis Marchiori, DC, MS, DACBR, Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA, USA
Clinical Imaging by Dennis Marchiori is a comprehensive text with a clear, concise writing style that allows students and practitioners to quickly develop a better understanding of diagnostic imaging. Covering soft tissue imaging and skeletal imaging, including brain and spinal cord, chest, and abdomen, Clinical Imaging seamlessly integrates plain film with MRI and CT. And with more than 3,500 illustrations all contained in one volume, this trusted text offers the most effective, realistic and comprehensive approach available today.
- Combines the innovative pattern approach with more traditional detailed descriptionsto emulate real-world patient interaction without sacrificing more in-depth content on disease states.
- Innovative Pattern Approach uses the patterns that link similar abnormalities to help you learn to identify, and just as importantly, differentiate abnormalities.
- Extensive cross-referencing from pattern to disease descriptions enables the reader to quickly find more detailed information.
- Dedicated chapter on the key subject of radiology physics, including algorithms for improving film quality.
- A glossary of nearly 500 radiological terms.
New To This Edition:
- NEW! Over 800 new or updated images.
- NEW! State-of-the-art MRI images deliver more comprehensive content for this growing field within imaging.
- NEW! Updated photographs familiarize you with radiographic positioning equipment.
- NEW! Clearer, more detailed line art visually reinforces your understanding of new concepts.
- NEW! Additional contributors provide fresh perspectives on important topics and trends.
Table Of Contents:
Module One: Introduction
1. Plain Radiographic Imaging
2. Specialized Imaging
3. Radiographic Positioning
5. Film Interpretation and Report Writing
6. Normal Anatomy
7. Normal Variants
Module Two: Bone, Joints and Soft Tissues
8. Congenital Diseases
11. Hematologic Bone Diseases
13. Bone Tumors and Related Diseases
14. Endocrine, Metabolic, and Nutritional Diseases
15. Miscellaneous Bone Diseases
16. Skull Patterns
17. Spine Patterns
18. Extremity Patterns
19. General Skeletal Patterns
20. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Patterns
Module Three: Chest
21. Introduction to Chest Radiography
22. Diseases of the Airways
23. Circulation and the Heart
24. Pulmonary Infections
25. Thoracic Neoplasms
26. Miscellaneous Chest Diseases
27. Chest Patterns
Module Four: Abdomen
28. Introduction to Abdomen Radiography
29. Genitourinary Diseases
30. Gastrointestinal Diseases
31. Miscellaneous Abdomen Diseases
32. Abdomen Patterns
Module Five: Brain and Spinal Cord
33. Brain and Spinal Cord