Studying and mastering palpation is easier than ever with this complete set of 240 full-color flashcards! Detailed illustrations and information on positioning, palpation steps, notes, and more – all in a convenient, compact format – make these flashcards perfect for studying on the go or for reference during clinical practice. In addition to 125 cards on muscle palpation, this set also includes 90 cards on bone palpation and 25 cards covering trigger points and pain referral patterns, with references to The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual textbook, for a complete study tool.
- Vibrant, full-color illustrations of muscle palpation show how the muscles look under the skin as they are being palpated.
- Coverage of where trigger points lie on the muscle, as well as pain referral patterns, helps you better understand and treat your clients’ pain.
- Detailed content on bone palpation and landmarks helps you easily find the attachments of muscles.
- UNIQUE! These flashcards combine with the textbook, The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual and flip chart (both sold separately) for a complete set of resources on palpation, trigger points, and stretching.
- Compact and convenient format allows you to study anywhere – without carrying a bulky book.
- A companion booklet with study hints and suggestions for how to use the cards when studying alone or in a group ensures you get the most out of this helpful resource.
Table of Contents
How to Use These Flashcards
Part 1: Muscle Palpation
1. Palpation of the Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle
2. Palpation of the Muscles of the Neck
3. Palpation of the Muscles of the Head
4. Palpation of the Muscles of the Arm
5. Palpation of the Muscles of the Forearm
6. Palpation of the Intrinsic Muscles of the Hand
7. Palpation of the Muscles of the Trunk
8. Palpation of the Pelvic Muscles
9. Palpation of the Thigh Muscles
10. Palpation of the Leg Muscles
11. Palpation of the Intrinsic Muscles of the Foot
Part 2: Bone Palpation
1. Upper Extremity
2. Axial Body
3. Lower Extremity
Part 3: Trigger Points
By Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, Westport, CT; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, CT