A comprehensive and easy-access reference providing all the information you need to manage hundreds of pediatric disorders. Pediatric Clinical Advisor is divided into 5 distinct sections and extensively cross-referenced for efficient use. Section 1, Diseases and Disorders, covers over 400 common pediatric disorders outlining epidemiology, etiology, clinical findings, laboratory work-up, differential diagnoses, treatment options, suggested patient follow-up, and up-to-date references. Sections 2 and 3, Differential Diagnosis and Clinical Algorithms, list more than 100 common signs and symptoms to assist with quick diagnosis and treatment and guide you through decision-making. The fourth section, Facts, Formulas, and Lab Evaluations, includes commonly used tables, equations, lab tests, normal value charts, and more. A final section on Prevention covers a wide variety of clinical preventive services and patient care guidelines. ICD-9CM Codes are also included for each topic to expedite billing and insurance claims.
- Find the specific information you need quickly and easily with the aid of a consistent, bulleted outline format and alphabetical listings of diseases, topics, differential diagnoses, and algorithms.
- Deliver the best outcomes by incorporating clinical pearls from experts in the field into your practice.
New to this Edition
- Reference the complete contents online anytime, fully searchable.
- Consult either the user-friendly text or the fully searchable web site to provide high-quality pediatric patient care - efficiently and effectively.
- Access key guidelines and treatments on the go, thanks to BONUS handheld software - featuring the popular POCKETConsult technology!
Table of Contents
SECTION I Diseases and Disorders
SECTION II Differential Diagnosis
SECTION III Clinical Algorithms
SECTION IV Charts, Formulas, Laboratory Tests, and Values
SECTION V Prevention
By Lynn C. Garfunkel, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Pediatrics, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY; Jeffrey Kaczorowski, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Strong Children's Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Rochester, NY; and Cynthia Christy, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Pediatrics, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY