By George F. Koob, Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences
Department, The Scripps Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA; Michael A. Arends,
Department of Neuropharmacology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
and Michel Le Moal, Université Bordeaux and INSERM,
- Full-color circuitry diagrams of brain regions implicated in each stage of the addiction cycle
- Actual data figures from original sources illustrating key concepts and findings
- Introduction to basic neuropharmacology terms and concepts
- Introduction to numerous animal models used to study diverse aspects of drug use.
- Thorough review of extant work on the neurobiology of addiction
Table Of Contents:
1. What Is Addiction?
2. Introduction to the Neuropsychopharmacology of Drug Addiction
3. Animal Models of Addiction
9. Medications for the Treatment of Addiction: A Neurobiological Perspective