New, legally enforced standards, available from 1 August 2020. All European Pharmacopoeia texts included.
Updated annually, the British Pharmacopoeia (BP) is the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
It includes approximately 4,000 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Medicinal products or active pharmaceutical ingredients sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph.
All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) are reproduced in the BP, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
New for the BP 2021
The BP 2021 supersedes the BP 2020 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2021. This edition incorporates new monographs from both the BP and Ph. Eur. along with a significant number of revised monographs.
- 30 new BP monographs, 20 new Ph. Eur. monographs.
- 171 amended BP monographs.
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 10th edition and supplements 10.1 and 10.2 are included.
- Ph. Eur. supplements 10.3, 10.4, and 10.5 included as in-year online and download product updates.
- New Tracked Changes functionality makes it easier to identify changes made to monographs and view the most recent versions.
- Streamlined Timeline functionality makes it easier to find key information. Each monograph's publication and revision history can be viewed for each BP edition.
- Concise 'How to use the BP' guide helps users to comply with the BP, navigate more effectively and follow formulated product monographs.
- Updates to BPCRS coincide with BP 2021 ensuring users remain compliant.
Key customer groups
The BP is a must have for suppliers and sellers of active pharmaceutical ingredients and medicinal products into the UK. For corporate pharmaceutical organisations to develop high-quality medicinal products in compliance with regulations, the BP 2021 features a variety of important monograph updates providing users with the information they need to maintain compliance.
Key corporate customers include: Pharmaceutical researchers and manufacturers, pharmacists, biotechnologists, quality assurance and quality controls inspectors, laboratory technicians and regulatory bodies.
Specialist researchers and lecturers in the field of pharmacy, analytical chemistry, biological science, biochemistry and pharmaceutical science can use the BP for research into medicinal products using the most up-to-date monographs.