Produced by the British Pharmacopoeia Commission Secretariat of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, and updated annually, the British Pharmacopoeia (BP) is the official, authoritative collection of standards for UK medicinal substances for human and veterinary use.
The 2014 edition includes almost 3500 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a pharmacopoeial monograph exists, medicinal products sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph. All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia are also reproduced in the BP.
Now used in over 100 countries, the BP remains an essential reference for all individuals and organisations working within pharmaceutical research and development, manufacture and testing around the globe.
Flexible access options
The BP 2014 package comprises five volumes of the British Pharmacopoeia 2014 and a single volume of the British Pharmacopoeia (Veterinary) 2014, along with a fully searchable CD-ROM and online access to provide you with flexible resources.
New for 2014
- Legally effective from 1 January 2014
- 40 new BP monographs
- 272 amended monographs
- Three new Supplementary Chapters
- Four new BP (Vet) monographs
- One new BP (Vet) Supplementary Chapter
- All European Pharmacopoeia monographs integrated (7th Edition as amended by Supplements 7.1 to 7.8)
- Free in-year updates in April and July to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia