This book is a quick reference pocket guide for physicians involved with critical care medicine providing on-the-spot answers to everyday queries regarding laboratory and other investigations, scoring systems, invasive procedures, equipment usage and relevant drug treatment.
- Quick reference guide to laboratory and other test results with associated normal values
- Includes guidance on equipment usage in the Intensive Care Unit
- Includes the latest guidelines from the European Resuscitation Council
- Abundant tables and artworks give rapid access to key information such as IV regimens and scoring systems
- Provides practical guidance on sedation and pain control
Critical care physicians are faced with an ever-growing body of investigative and therapeutic options and it is increasingly difficult to keep up with the wide spectrum of information required for them to perform optimally in day-to-day practice. Critical Care Medicine: Churchill's Ready Reference will provide all of the information required to help with everyday practice and covers the A-Z of care including laboratory and other investigations, scoring systems, invasive procedures, equipment usage and relevant drug treatment in a handy, pocketbook format.
1. Ethical aspects and Management essentials 2. Resuscitation and acute respiratory failure 3. Treatment of sepsis 4. Abdominal compartment syndrome 5. Cardiovascular emergencies 6. Metabolic issues 7. Nutritional support 8. Sedation and analgesia 9. Renal failure and intoxication 10.Gastrointestinal abnormalities and hyperbilirubinaemia 11.Trauma
By Jean-Louis Vincent, MD PhD, Head, Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium; and Serge Brimioulle, MD, PhD, Senior Staff Physician, Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium