Common Clinical Cases: A Guide to Internship presents a comprehensive selection of common case histories encountered in Emergency Departments and hospital wards. The book adopts a problems-based approach, presenting scenarios as they would appear in the hospital and takes readers step-by-step through the case in order to determine a diagnosis and treatment. There are 36 cases covering an extensive range of conditions across manyspecialities and disciplines. Diagrams of ECGs, x-rays and CT-scans encourage familiarity and interpretation of common diagnostic tools.
The book is written in an informal, accessible style and together with the increasing adoption of problem-based learning in the curriculum, it will appeal to interns, registrars, residents and medical practitioners looking for a practical guide to clinical practice in hospitals.
- Adopts a problems based approach and takes readers step by step through treatment options
- Cases cover an extensive range of conditions across many specialities and disciplines
- Written in an informal, accessible style with concise yet comprehensive information
- Highly practical with clinical tips and hints
- Includes test results to help in interpretation and treatment
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr Sanjaya Senanayake (FRACP, MBBS(Hons), BSc(Med)is a fully qualified Infectious Diseases physician and a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. He holds the position of Infectious Diseases Physician and Director of Hospital in the Home at Canberra Hospital. He is a faculty member of the Australian National University (ANU) Medical School where he is also completing a Masters in Epidemiology.