More than 350 full-color photographs to help you diagnose and treat common and rare pediatric skin problems
Color Atlas and Synopsis of Pediatric Dermatology provides large, detailed full-color photographs of skin lesions in children, along with the latest management and treatment recommendations. Modeled after Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas and Synopsis of ClinicalDermatology, this essential point-of-care companion delivers everything you need to confidently assess, diagnose, and manage diseases of the skin, hair, and nails in pediatric patients encountered in a busy clinical environment.
For each illness or disorder you will find authoritative coverage of:
- Physical Examination
- Differential Diagnosis
- Laboratory Examinations
- Course and Prognosis
- Treatment and Prevention/Management (with approved pediatric dosages)
- One or two full-color photographs
Featuring coverage that spans everything from disorders of blood and lymph vessels to cutaneous bacterial, viral, and fungal infections, the Third Edition of Color Atlas and Synopsis of Pediatric Dermatology is enhanced by completely updated content with a focus on treatment recommendations.
From the Back Cover
Modeled after the successful Fitzpatrick COLOR ATLAS, this PEDIATRIC COLOR ATLAS offers clinicians the most practical source available for the diagnosis of skin disorders and systemic diseases with skin manifestations in children and adolescents.
Look for these important highlights:
- an extensive collection of exquisite new photographs for each condition as they present in children or adolescents
- a concise summary of etiology, physical findings, laboratory tests and prognosis for each condition
- emergency skin signs of life-threatening conditions in children, including infectious diseases, adverse drug reactions, and more
- new theraputic recommendations including the recently approved exciting topical immunomodulators for atopic dermatitis (tacrolimus) and HPV infections (imiquimod) with dosages and indications for the pediatric population
PEDIATRIC COLOR ATLAS features:
- 493 new, crisp, clear color photographs from many previously unpublished collections
- straight-forward, user-friendly organization
- excellent, up-to-date management and therapy section approved pediatric dosages
A remarkable dollar value, this new PEDIATRIC COLOR ATLAS is an unbeatable visual guide to confirm your next diagnosis.
About the Author
Kay Shou-Mei Kane, MD (Boston, MA), Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School, Clinical Associate of Dermatology, Children's Hospital; Clinical Associate of Dermatology, Mt. Auburn Hospital
Vinod E. Nambudiri, MD, MBA (Myrtle Beach, SC), Attending Physician, Dermatology and Internal Medicine, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center
Alexander J. Stratigos, MD (Athens, Greece), Assistant Professor of Dermatology?Venereology, University of Athens School of Medicine, Andreas Syngros Hospital for Skin and Venereal Diseases