The ultimate clinical companion for managing digestive and liver diseases--now revised and updated!
Part of the acclaimed CURRENT series, this trusted, practical resource reviews how to diagnose and treat the entire spectrum of digestive tract and liver disorders.
Authored by faculty physicians at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Endoscopy features a streamlined, consistent presentation, with each chapter outlining the essentials of diagnosis for each condition.
The third edition of this skill-building guide incorporates the latest research and takes you through therapeutic advances in Barrett's esophagus, eosinophilic esophagitis, esophageal motility disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, and other conditions. Altogether, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Endoscopy is more current--and more indispensable--than ever. Page after page, it puts the most important insights on managing digestive and hepatic diseases in the palm of your hand.
- Authoritative coverage of the entire spectrum of gastroenterology and hepatology conditions, from stomach and esophageal to pancreatic and liver disorders
- "Essentials of Diagnosis" bulleted lists provide an at-a-glance review of both common and rare digestive disorders
- More than 90 full-color endoscopic and radiographic images enhance clinical decision-making and clarify imaging techniques
- Logical organization begins with a section on general concerns such as acute abdominal pain, then progresses to specific disease categories
- NEW! Chapter on gastrointestinal manifestations of mast cell disorders provides an important update on this increasingly recognized disorder
- NEW! Timely coverage of the revised Atlanta Guidelines for acute pancreatitis gets you up to speed on diagnostic and treatment approaches for this common condition
- NEW! High-yield overview of an effective treatment approach for chronic hepatitis C provides key perspectives on improving patient outcomes
- NEW! Updated references now include clinically relevant articles published in 2014
Section I. General Concerns (10 Chapters)
Section II. Esophageal Diseases (4 Chapters)
Section III. Diseases of the Stomach (5 Chapters)
Section IV. Small Bowel Diseases (1 Chapters)
Section V. Colorectal Diseases (4 Chapters)
Section VI. Pancreatic Diseases (4 Chapters)
Section VII. Therapeutic Endoscopy & Diagnostic Techniques (8 Chapters)
Section VIII. Liver Diseases (15 Chapters)
Section IX. Biliary Tract Diseases (2 Chapters)