About the Book
Five-hundred Q&As offer an unbeatable way for medical students to assess their knowledge of surgery for the USMLE Step 2 CK
Surgery PreTest delivers 500 vignette-style questions with complete but concise explanations of correct and incorrect answers and updates on the latest surgical techniques.
To ensure that questions are representative of the style and level of difficulty of the exam, this edition has been reviewed by students who recently passed Step 2 of the boards or completed their surgery rotation.
Key Selling Points
- Includes multiple-choice and matching questions
- Referenced to authoritative texts and seminal articles for further reading
- Written by clerkship educators who understand what it takes to pass
- Updated references to textbooks provide current context for answer
Table of Contents
- Pre- and Postoperative care
- Critical Care: Anesthesiology, Blood Gases, and Respiratoy Care
- Skin: Wounds, Infections, and Burns; Hands; Plastic Surgery
- Trauma and Shock
- Transplants, Immunology, and Oncology
- Endocrine Problems and the Breast
- Gastrointestinal Tract, Liver, and Pancreas
- Cardiothoracic Problems
- Peripheral Vascular Problems
- Pediatric Surgery
About the Authors
Lillian Kao, MD (Houston, TX) is Assistant Professor and Co-Director the Surgery Clerkship at University of Texas-Houston Medical School's LBJ Hospital.
Tammy Lee, MD (Houston, TX) is on the teaching faculty in the Surgery Clerkship at University of Texas-Houston Medical School.