The drug guide you can rely on to keep your patients safe
Best Value on the Market!
Nursing Spectrum Drug Handbook provides everything you must know to protect your patients and yourself when administering drugs. Written by RNs for RNs, the Handbook delivers the evidence base you need to safely administer more than 3,000 brand-name drugs and 1,000 generic drugs -- along with important patient monitoring instructions specific to each drug.
Here's why you can't find a more safety-focused drug guide:
- FDA boxed warnings appear within each monograph
- Special icons point out hazardous and high-alert drugs
- Safety inserts explain how to handle hazardous drugs
- Full-color 32-page insert covers Safe Drug Administration
- Critical advice on treating adverse reactions
- Full-text download for your mobile device
- Online companion website provides drug updates, patient education information, and more
- A streamlined design that puts important information at your fingertips
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Patricia Dwyer Schull, MSN, RN has been in the medical publishing business for more than twenty years. Prior to establishing MedVantage Publishing, she held executive management positions with the top medical publishers in the world. Before entering publishing, Patricia worked in healthcare as a professional nurse.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface and user's guide
Drugs A to Z
Safe drug administration
Photogallery of common tablets and capsules
Vitamins and minerals
Herbs and supplements