A full-color step-by-step atlas of operative techniques in aesthetic breast augmentation
Includes DVD of surgical procedures
Part of the McGraw-Hill Plastic Surgery Atlas series
Featuring 110 photographs and 124 illustrations ' all in color ' Breast Augmentation is an unmatched visual guide to learning technical pearls for primary and revision breast augmentation. Specific surgical procedures are illustrated step-by-step to help you to fully understand the principles and techniques for optimizing outcomes in your patients.
Chapters focus on different aspects and approaches to primary and secondary breast augmentation and include:
- The process of breast augmentation
- Incision planning
- Details of procedure including dual place pocket dissection
- Approaches including: trans-axillary, peri-areolar, and the 'new' infra-mammary incision
- Revision breast augmentation techniques include: capsular contracture, malposition, and hyperanimation deformities
- A companion DVD of surgical procedures
- Key chapters on the process of breast augmentation, patient education, tissue-based planning, and post-operative management
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1. Introduction; Part 2. The Process of Breast Augmentation; Part 3. Patient Education; Part 4. Tissue Based Planning; Part 5. Surgical Techniques; Part 6. Post operative Management
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
William P. Adams, Jr., MD is Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Adams was presented the faculty Teaching Award in 2005 in the Department of Plastic Surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern and received the Faculty Excellence Award in 2001, and was named Department of Plastic Surgery Clinician of the Year 1998. He was also the recipient of the 1997 Excellence in Research Award and Excellence in Teaching Award from the Department of Plastic Surgery.