A practical merger of textbook and surgical atlas for the ultimate laparoscopic surgery reference!
Practical, comprehensive, and state of the art, Laparascopic Surgery Atlas is truly the definitive guide to this surgical approach.
This reference provides complete coverage of every aspect of laparoscopic surgery. Each chapter gives you a description of the disease process, decision-making strategies, and a clear account of the steps in the surgical procedure, accompanied by a wealth of high-quality surgical photos -- all based on the extensive experience of the author, one of the world's leading figures in the field.
- Organized by region of the body for quick, easy access
- Covers a wide array of minimally invasive operations, including a laparoscopic liver resection, laparoscopic repair of inguinal and ventral hernias, and laparoscopic treatment of cancers of the digestive system
- Introduces both innovative techniques and long-established ones
- Provides nearly 1,400 highly illustrative full-color photographs -- plus 206 color illustrations
- Offers special focus on technical aspects of laparoscopic surgery, including a section on video documentation
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
C. Palanivelu, MD, is the Chair of the Division of Surgical Gastroenterology and Minimal Access Surgery at the GEM Hospital, Coimbatore, India.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Volume 1 Section 1: General Laparoscopy Section 2: Esophagus and Diaphragm Section 3: Stomach and Duodenum Section 4: Gall Bladder Volume 2 Section 5: Common Bile Duct Section 6: Liver Section 7: Spleen Section 8: Pancreas Section 9: Small Bowel Section 10: Colon/Rectum Section 11: Pediatric Surgery Section 12: Hernia Section 13: Urology Section 14: Gynecology Section 15: Miscellaneous