The definitive overview of venous and lymphatic diseases—complete with 400 color images
Presented in full color and written by a world-renowned author team, this all-in-one guide covers every key aspect of disorders affecting the venous and lymphatic systems. Venous and Lymphatic Diseases opens with fundamental topics, including anatomy and physiology, which provide a solid foundation for such important clinical considerations as the physical examination and appropriate diagnostic imaging modalities, specific disease states, and treatment protocols. You’ll also find incisive overviews of conditions commonly encountered in clinical practice, which are conveniently presented by body system.
Supported by numerous references and color illustrations throughout, Venous and Lymphatic Diseases expertly reviews the latest advances in the field and takes you through new and emerging treatment options, including pharmacological therapies.
· A complete full-color compendium of clinically relevant principles
and techniques for all physicians who manage vein and lymph circulatory conditions
· All-inclusive coverage of everything from common disorders, such as varicose veins, to unusual and rare entities, including trauma and congenital abnormalities
· Up-to-date information on function and dysfunction, plus proven strategies that facilitate accurate diagnosis and successful therapeutic outcomes
· An important, timely section on systemic diseases that includes coverage of tumors, malignancy, and venous hypertension resulting from chronic heart failure
· A concluding section offers a practical overview of lymphatics, the clinical approach to the patient with edema, and wound care
· 400 superb, full-color images, including clear, precise illustrations, photographs, and radiographs, as well as numerous tables and figures, in every chapter, reinforcing the text’s authoritative content
· Excellent pedagogy, including reader-friendly chapter introductions, chapter-ending summaries, and full references to facilitate understanding and review
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- Robert S. Dieter, MD, RVT, is Assistant Professor of Medicine, Vascular and Endovascular Medicine, Cardiology, Loyola University, Maywood, IL
- Raymond A. Dieter, Jr., MD, MS, Past World President, College of Surgeons, President, Center for Surgery, Glen Ellyn, IL
- Raymond A. Dieter, III, MD, Associate Professor of Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN