The most authoritative guide to sonography in obstetrics and gynecology—now in full color
Companion website includes images, case studies, and more
Written by radiologists and ob/gyns to provide a balanced perspective, this standard-setting guide is both a clinically relevant reference text and atlas—presented in full color for the first time. It expertly examines the full spectrum of disorders and conditions you’re likely to encounter in gynecologic and maternal-fetal care, supported throughout by more than 2,000 detailed sonographic illustrations. You’ll also find the latest procedures and diagnostic guidelines for the use of sonography in ob/gyn, including 3D and 4D image processing, transvaginal sonography, and color Doplersonography.
The book opens with general obstetric sonography, covering such pivotal topics as normal pelvic anatomy and fetal echocardiography, before moving into fetal anomalies and disorders. Risk assessment and therapy, including first trimester screening and amniocentesis, is explored in the next section, while the remaining parts of the book focus on maternal disorders, gynecological sonography, and the newest complementary imaging modalities.
- The most trusted, accessible compendium of sonography in obstetrics and gynecology for residents and practitioners, filled with precise illustrations that add clarity to the text’s content
- All-inclusive coverage of everything from sonographic operating instruments and screening the fetal patient for syndromes and anomalies, to diagnosing the female patient for cysts, infertility, and incontinence
- NEW! Full-color format to aid readability and ease of use
- NEW! Up-to-date information on the significant advances made in three dimensional and even four-dimensional Doppler technology
- NEW! Learning aids: a “key points” section in each chapter; skill-building clinical scenarios; a stronger focus on differential diagnosis; multiple visuals (figure, illustration, or table) on each page; and helpful chapter-opening summaries
- NEW! Companion website filled with concept-clarifying images, video loops, case studies supplemented by Q&As, plus cutting-edge insights on a range of integral sonography topics
- NEW! SI Units incorporated throughout
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Arthur C. Fleischer, M.D. is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Eugene Toy, M.D. is affiliated with Methodist Hospital.
Wesley Lee, M.D. is affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital.
Frank Manning, M.D. is affiliated with Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center.
Roberto Romero, M.D. is affiliated with National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD.