A quick-hit, question-and-answer review for the American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam
General Surgery ABSITE and Board Review is your most effective weapon in preparing for the ABSITE (American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam) and the general surgery board exams. It is a quick, active-recall review of the most important information you need, with over 3000 rapid-fire questions and numerous performance-improving pearls. Like 'flashcards in a book,' the rapid-fire Q&A format facilitates study alone or with a partner. Only correct answers are given to prevent you from memorizing the wrong answer. The fourth edition includes more most/least likely questions, a common question format on the boards, and updated art. A series redesign makes the book easier to read and more pleasing to the eye.
This rapid, effective review ensures your best possible performance in the shortest possible study time. There is no easier or faster way to guarantee that you perform your best on these exams!
- Bull's Eye Hits on ABSITE and general surgery board exam topics--the meaningful and the frequently tested
- Tools to Imprint Your Memory--pearls, drills, mnemonics, visual imagery, even humor, and other tested learning aids
- Fast Results--from rapid-fire, to-the-point Q&As that quickly embed the facts you need to know and enhance quick recall
- No Confusing Wrong Answers to clutter your memory
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matthew Blecha, MD is a board-certified General Surgeon. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA, in 2001 and completed his general surgery residency at St. Joseph Hospital in Chicago, IL in 2006.
Dr. Blecha completed a Vascular/Endovascular Surgery Fellowship at University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison, WI in June 2007. He scored in the 90th percentile or higher on his ABSITE exams.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. General Principles
2. Wound Healing and Nutrition
4. Critical Care, Shock, Fluids, and Electrolysis
5. Head, Neck, and ENT
6. Esophagus, Stomach, Duodenum, and GI Physiology
7. Appendix and Inguinal Hernias
8. Cardiac Surgery
9. Vascular Surgery
10. Chest Wall, Lung, Pleura and Mediastinum
11. Liver, Gallbladder, Pancreas, and Spleen
12. Small Intestine, Large Intestine, Colon, Rectum, and Anus
13. Intraabdominal Infections and Surgical Complications
14. Abdominal Wall, Omentum, Mesentary and Retroperitoneum
15. Adrenal, Pituitary and Hypothalamus
16. Thyroid and Parathyroid
17. Trauma and Burn
18. Orthopedic and Hand Surgery
20. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
23. Pediatric Surgery
25. Hematology and Oncology
26. Immunology and Transplantation
28. Suggested Text Readings