Ace the NCLEX-RN--with the help of nursing review pioneer Marlene Hurst!
Use Marlene's unique 'no cram, pass with what you already know' system and slash your study time in half
Based on Marlene Hurst's phenomenally popular nursing seminars that train over 30,000 students annually, this innovative review is loaded with the author's time-tested strategies--all designed to help you pass the NCLEX certification and course exams the first time around!
NCLEX-RN Review breaks the mold of other review books by explaining how to apply critical thinking and test-taking skills, rather than how to re-learn course content. Marlene shows you how to effectively work with the 'think-on-your-feet' philosophy of the NCLEX-RN, not against it.
- A complete NCLEX-RN toolkit--from the world's most sought-after speaker on passing the NCLEX
- Over 1,000 skill-building NCLEX-style questions, complete with answers and rationales
- Full of concise, easy-to-remember strategies that cut study time in half!
- An eye-catching four-color format
- 'Marlene Moments'--Marlene's humorous anecdotes of common student mistakes that offer a light-hearted look at how new nurses learn to succeed
- 'What the NCLEX Lady Thinks'--valuable tips that reveal the rationale behind certain types of NCLEX questions and how to adjust your strategy accordingly
- Chapter-ending NCLEX practice questions that solidify important information and show you how it will be tested on the NCLEX examination
- Companion CD-ROM with 300 additional NCLEX-style questions, plus downloadable MP3 audio tips from Marlene Hurst's award-winning NCLEX reviews
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Marlene Hurst, RN, MSN, FNP-R, CCRN-R is Presdient of Hurst Review Services, in Brookhaven, MS. Started in 1988, the company's staff has taught over thirty thousand students each year how to succeed in nursing school and on the NCLEX exam.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Foreword, April Foster, RN, BSN, CCRN
1. Let's Get It Started in Here!
2. The Process You Must Go Through
3. How is This Test Different?
4. NCLEX-RN--Fact or Fiction?
5. Let's Make Sense of the Test Plan!
6. Basic Test-Taking Strategies
7. How to Tackle a Priority Question?
8. Management and Delegation
9. Why Do I Really Have to Understand "the Nursing Process"?
10. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Therapeutic Communication
11. Pharmacology in a Nutshell
12. Potential Test Question Topics According to the RN Test Plan
13. Cool Charts You Just Have to Know
14. A Day in the Life
15. I've Already Failed Once...What Do I Do Now?
16. Tips for International Students
17. Sample Test Questions:
Safe and Effective Care Environment
--Management of Care
--Safety and Infection Control
Health Promotion and Maintenance
--Basic Care and Comfort
--Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies
--Reduction of Risk Potential
18. Directory of State Boards of Nursing