Ace the NCLEX-PN-with the help of nursing review pioneer Marlene Hurst!
Use Marlene's unique 'no cram, pass with what you already know' system and slash your study time in half
Based on Marlene Hurst's phenomenally popular nursing seminars that train over 30,000 students annually, this innovative review is loaded with the author's time-tested strategies-all designed to help you pass the NCLEX certification and course exams the first time around!
NCLEX-PN Review breaks the mold of other review books by explaining how to apply critical thinking and test-taking skills, rather than how to re-learn course content. Marlene shows you how to effectively work with the 'think-on-your-feet' philosophy of the NCLEX-PN, not against it.
- A complete NCLEX-PN toolkit-from the world's most sought-after speaker on passing the NCLEX
- Over 1,000 skill-building NCLEX-style questions, complete with answers and rationales
- Full of concise, easy-to-remember strategies that cut study time in half!
- An eye-catching four-color format
- 'Marlene Moments'-Marlene's humorous anecdotes of common student mistakes that offer a light-hearted look at how new nurses learn to succeed
- 'What the NCLEX Lady Thinks'-valuable tips that reveal the motivation behind certain types of NCLEX questions and how to adjust your strategy accordingly
- Chapter-ending NCLEX practice questions that solidify important information and show you how it will be tested on the NCLEX examination
- Companion CD-ROM with 300 additional NCLEX-style questions, plus downloadable MP3 audio tips form Marlene Hurst's award-winning NCLEX reviews
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Marlene Hurst, R.N., M.S.N.,A.N.P.C. (Brookhaven, MS) is a Registered Nurse, a certified Adult and Family Nurse Practitioner, a certified Critical Care Nurse, and an Advanced Life Support Instructor.Through her company Hurst Reviews, started in 1988, she and her faculty teach over thirty thousand students each year how to succeed in nursing school and on the NCLEX exam.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Hurst Reviews: NCLEX PN Review
Everything you ever needed to know about NCLEX-PN.
' Why do we have to take another test? I've already finished nursing school.
' How do they decide what to test on?
' What is a 'test plan'?
' What do I have to make on the NCLEX-PN to pass?
' How is computer adaptive testing different than my tests in nursing school?
' What do I have to do to be eligible to take NCLEX-PN?
' Let's make sense of the test plan.
' Activity Statement review.
' Cool Charts.
' Cool things you just have to know:
Lab values / Growth and Development / First Aid
' How will I deal with my anxiety?
' Directory of State Boards of Nursing.
' How to think the NCLEX way.
' Things that just aren't true about NCLEX.
' Don't select answers based on what you've seen in the hospitals!
' Tips for International students.
' A day in the life of someone taking the NCLEX-PN.
' Multiple choice questions verses alternate format questions.
' Test-taking strategies.
' How to pass the NCLEX-PN the first time.
' What's all the fuss about 'Prioritizing' and 'Priority' test questions?
' How do I handle: management and delegation questions; patient-care assignment questions; leadership questions; and staff assignment questions?
' Everything you ever wanted to know about therapeutic communication.
' Pharmacology in a nut-shell.
' Do I really understand 'The Nursing Process'?
' I've already failed once---------what do I do now?