- Market: Medical students, residents, or any medical professional who needs a crash course in ECG interpretation
- Includes answer sheet similar to that encountered on board exams
Learn to effectively interpret virtually every ECG you're likely to encounter in clinical practice - in ten brief lessons
The only review book to offer full-sized ECGs throughout (simulating how they appear on tests and in actual practice), this sourcebook is the most sought-after ECG review anywhere, trusted by cardiology fellows, internal medicine residents, and medical students alike. ECG in Ten Days is based on the author's popular ten-day review course, and features a unique step-by-step approach, crystal-clear vector images, plus practice EDB strips to build confidence and fine-tune clinical skills.
In these pages, you'll find essential information on everything from SA & AV nodal conduction abnormalities, to mechanisms of arrhythmias and electronic pacemakers. Also included is an answer sheet similar to the one encountered on board exams.
NEW to the Second Edition
- Inclusion of the latest American College of Cardiology (ACC) guidelines
- Selection of random ECGs after Day 10 for additional review
- A brand-new glossary with key terms, which are also bolded within the text
- Short appendix that includes formal criteria for various ECG diagnoses
- Consolidated chapters 2 and 3 for a more cohesive look at super ventricular arrhythmias
- Reorganized chapters that streamline the content on Day 6, and help ensure a more efficient, manageable review of the material
Tabla de Contenidos
1. The Basics 2. Chamber Abnormalities and Intraventricular Conduction Defects 3. SA and AV Nodal Block 4. Ischemia and Infarction 5. Reentrant Supraventricular Tachycardias 6. Ectopic Supraventricular Tachycardias 7. Extrasystoles and Pre-excitation Syndromes 8. Differential Diagnosis of Wide QRS Tachycardias 9. Medication and Electrolyte Effects; Miscellaneous Consitions 10. Electronic Pacemakers
David R. Ferry, MD is Associate Professor, Loma Linda University,Chief of Cardiology & Director, Coronary Care/Critical Care Units. He also teaches a successful course using this innovative teaching technique that has trained thousands of students.