To-the-point diagnostic and therapeutic information on kidney diseases, hypertension, and kidney transplantation
CURRENT Essentials of Nephrology & Hypertension is a practical, state-of-the-art review of the clinical management of kidney disease and hypertension. Concise and authoritative, the book offers a consistent, easy-to-follow presentation and thoroughly addresses hypertension and the full spectrum of kidney diseases.
- Conveniently presents one disease per page
- Bulleted data covering Essentials of Diagnosis, Differential Diagnosis, and Treatment for each disease state
- A Pearl, and in most cases, a reference for each condition
- Every section or subsection arranged in alphabetical order
- Important subspecialty considerations, including care of pediatric, elderly, diabetic, elderly, diabetic, and critical care patients
About the Authors
Edgar Lerma MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, University
of Illinois-Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois.
Eric Berns, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
Alan Nissenson, MD, Director of the Clinical Dialysis Program, Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California.
Table of Contents
1. Fluids & Electrolytes, & Acid-Base Disorders
2. Acute Kidney Injury
3. Chronic Kidney Disease
4. Systemic Diseases Involving the Kidneys
5. Glomerular Disorders
7. Tubulointerstitial Diseases
8. Vascular Diseases of the Kidneys
9. Urinary Tract Infections
10. Cystic Diseases of the Kidneys
13. Selected Inherited Diseases of the Kidneys(Tubules)
14. Complications of Dialysis
16. Urinary Abnormalities